Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Grandfodder - Plus 1 Year

It's been a year since I started this journey and I have found it rewarding and challenging. In my initial research I couldn't find any blogs out there in the internet universe from the grandfather's viewpoint. But then again, I can be cyberspace - challenged! I did eventually find one comrade-in-arms in the UK. Check out Square Sunshine at http://square-sunshine.blogspot.co.uk. Some great writing and views not only about his grandchildren but about every day stuff. Thanks for the inspiration, MH.

After a year of writing, I have found that the subject matter has evolved from being just about the grandchildren to include other things important to me as an aging (but still alive and curious) baby boomer. So while I will continue to write, sparked by my 4 grandchildren's adventures and pearls of wisdom, you will likely see some other topics sprinkled in when the spirit moves me. My daughter is right - writing is cathartic and something that just needs to be done. I am learning as I go. Thanks and love to my daughter.

A big hug and kiss to the 4 darlings that have motivated me by just being themselves - Love Monster, Smirker, Spiderman and Batman. You are the best.

And thanks to all those that have read my words during this experiment in letting go (I can just hear Love Monster and Smirker, singing "Let it Go, Let it Go".) Actually very apropos. I hope you continue to keep reading and let others know if you so choose.

Until next month - after our trip to Ireland! Another pint of Guinness please!



No comments:

Post a Comment